Thursday, July 26, 2012

07.25.12

^I feel like if my dreams should have a soundtrack, it should be this album. And also I want to marry Alex Turner because I think he's a golden god.

I ombre'd (french for gradient) my hair for the 3rd time in the past year last night, and it is only noticeable in the sunlight. Oh well.

Today (well now yesterday, it is 12:50 AM) was really nice, because my sisters and I made a pact (is that the right word?) to not use the internet or television for a whole day. I woke up at 7 AM, got some breakfast, meditated, did some yoga, read Caitlin Moran's "How To Be a Woman" (very funny and interesting book, by the way), and slept on the couch until 11 AM.

My brother drove my sisters and I to Panera Bread where we all had lunch and hung out. It was lunch hour, so it was very crowded with people dressed in office appropriate clothing. A difference from my high waisted shorts, cardigan and top siders. Well then. When we got home we bonded and listened to someold CD's, and then read books on the backyard deck until my dad came home. It was then my dad's genius idea to have none other than Taco Bell for dinner, because my mom was at book club therefore it was that or no dinner at all. I was still stuffed from my large lunch at Panera, but I managed to shove some of the burrito bowl down my throat before heading to my friend Alaina's house. I tried some  green tea ice cream at her house, it was from a local Asian market. It was wonderful. I recommend it. I had a nice time. (I sound really boring, again; sorry)

Now that it is officially the next day, we are now using TV again and watching a "Starshaped", which is a tour documentary on Blur. I feel like I'm going to explode from food because my sister Hannah made a fucking cookie cake and I felt like I had to eat some of that, too.

By the way, in this post I am writing like a boring old woman, because I'm so tired and I feel like I'm going to die of a heat stroke before I wake up.

(edit/update:) I ended up waking up in the middle of night from severe stomach pains, nausea, and a cold sweat. I pretty much passed out on the floor of the bathroom when trying to throw up because I thought I was going to. I feel perfectly fine now. Weird.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment